I want to thank all of the Allen residents who participated in the local part of this November 2020 election. I am especially honored and grateful for those who supported and voted to elect me to be the next Mayor of Allen. I will be sworn in later this month.
I am looking forward to the input of all Allen residents as we work on key issues facing our community. I plan to work with our City Council and City Staff to have a transparent, fiscally responsible and positive city culture that listens to and embraces the diversity and values of all of our residents.
Specific opportunities that we have include:
- Following safe and economically prudent guidelines with the ongoing challenges presented by Covid
- Working with the community to help define a vision and create a plan for the future of Downtown Allen
- Focusing on the final stages of buildout and development in ways that include input from and bring value to our entire community
- Working with our Police and Fire Departments to keep Allen safe
- Working with the newly established City Diversity and Inclusion Task Force to engage all residents in open dialogue about how to create a culture in which everyone feels seen, heard, included, protected and welcome in our community.
- Continuing to enhance the quality of life in Allen with focus on parks and recreation, and library services and programs for all ages, while seeking to develop partnerships with educational, community, and civic organizations.
I will need your continued support and participation to help make the best decisions possible on matters impacting our city. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I am truly blessed to be in Allen Texas. Together we can work to make Allen the best it can be.