For Mayor of Allen, TX
“As a long time resident and community volunteer in Allen, I would be honored and privileged to be the Mayor for Allen. It is critical during this leadership transition, as term limits impact our leadership on City Council, that we have a steady hand at the helm to help guide the city forward in a positive direction. We need to communicate better with our citizens and work to secure projects for remaining undeveloped areas that improve both quality of life and economic prosperity within our community. We also need to revitalize those areas of our city that are aging.”
The Experienced Leadership Our City Needs Right Now
- People who know Ken attest that he works hard, is practical, and is a team player. Ken will use his wealth of experience and work ethic as an effective Major, fully committed to serving all the residents of Allen.
- Successful engineer and community volunteer during 36 years as a resident of Allen
- Numerous leadership roles in Allen including:
- Allen City Council for nine (9) years with four (4) years as Mayor Pro-Tem
- Served on Council interview/ board appointments; audit, and building (Library, Police, City Hall and Central Fire Station) Committees and served as liaison to Keep Allen Beautiful Board
- Planning & Zoning Commission member for nine (9) years; Chairman for four (4) years.
- Economic Development Corporation Board Member for six (6) years (received 2006 Millennium Business Award – Individual Category)
- Capital Improvement Program Committees (Bond Planning-all since 1987); Served on Library, Parks & Recreation, Public Safety and Roadway Subcommittees.
- Served on multiple Bond Election Committees since 1987.
- Served on Allen Library Endowment Fund Board (over 6 years; current President, since 2016)
- Graduate of Citizen’s Fire & Police Academies and Alumni Association member
- Comprehensive Plan Update Committee; Housing Subcommittee Member
- Allen Fairview Chamber of Commerce Member since 1997
- Allen Heritage Guild Member (20+ years; served as Board member for nine (9) years)
- Collin County Bond Committee on Transportation
- Allen Independent School District: 2007-2008 Project Kids Bond Planning Committee; Fine Arts Subcommittee Chair
Experience, Leadership, Integrity
News & Updates
Ken shares his message on the challenges facing each of us and our community during the COVID-19 Crisis and how he will work with all appropriate agencies and health officials to ensure that the City is taking all actions necessary to protect the health and safety of...
The highest quality of Public Safety services for Allen is a high priority for Ken. He shares his vision for maintaining and seeking to improve upon the excellent services the residents of Allen currently receive. Ken is eager to work with the new Diversity and...
In the video below, Ken shares his vision for Allen's future economic development and vitality. As the city nears buildout, his focus as mayor will be working to approve high quality development that adds to our economic growth and brings additional value to our...